Monday, October 29, 2012

Figure Photography - Kamui Gakupo



I shot these photographs of Nendoroid Kamui Gakupo in my garden over the weekend. I found a corner of my garden that I've never explored for photographic purposes before. I found a log just begging to be photographed. So I settled Gakupo there, looking very handsome. I found myself a spot and began setting up my shots. I got startled when something ran into the viewfinder, generally when you're photographing figures you don't expect any movement. I looked closely and discovered that a tiny lizard of some sort had settled itself by Gakupo. I shoot all my figure photographs in manual (both for exposure and focus) so I couldn't just start snapping away, but I quickly checked the light meter, adjusted the shutter speed, adjusted the focus and started snapping to capture the little lizard friend. You can see him in the very last photograph, click the thumbnail to view it larger. The framing isn't the best but I'm still happy that I managed to get at least one good shot of Gakupo with his new friend.

Sadly, during this little photo session with Gakupo, he suffered a fall. He didn't break (surprisingly, because he tumbled down a good 4 feet) but his little ahoge got scratched. So AmiAmi made more money from me yet again, because I came straight inside and ordered a replacement. At least I will have twins now! That should open up some curious photo opportunities....

Thanks for reading!

Figure: Nendoroid Kamui Gakupo
Manufacturer: Good Smile Company
Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Sigma 70-300mm f/3.5-5 Macro lens

0 comments:

Post a Comment