Friday, October 26, 2012

Figures: Storage of extra parts and accessories.

All figure collectors are faced with the same problem - storage. Whether it be the display of the figures themselves, the storage of the boxes or the storage of all the accessories that come with some scale figures as well as Figmas and Nendoroids.

Up until recently, I kept the extra faces and parts for my Nendoroids and Figmas in their boxes and the extra parts for scale figures in a ziplock bag in a drawer because I didn't have anywhere better to store them. It prevented me from changing them around a lot because I don't enjoy fighting with the boxes to get the accessories out then put them back when I was done. Then I had this idea.



I purchased a Plano StowAway utility box from a fishing and camping store. It it designed to hold things for fishing but I discovered it is the perfect size for storing extra figure bits and pieces! The one I purchased comes with removable dividers so you can create sections of different sizes, as you can see from the picture. It fits everything just nicely and it's a simple way to keep everything organized.

I hope this inspired you to get organized if you aren't already. It's Spring here in Australia, so it's the perfect time to do some figure Spring cleaning. How do you store your extra bits and pieces? Leave a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment